Chalkboard China Featured on The Today Show
Did you catch Chalkboard China on the Today Show this morning? It was such a treat for Chalkboard China to be next to some of the biggest names in morning programming, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda!
On the show, Chalkboard China was featured in a wedding segment styled by our talented friend, Kimberly Schelgel Whitman, and the Southern Living team. They shared with brides some clever, ‘cents’ible ways to double up on things they us in their wedding and still be able to showcase their personal style.
The fab ideas for re-purposing things in your wedding included:
• Instead of spending a ton of money on flowers to decorate the reception, once the wedding is over, collect the bouquets from your bridesmaids and pop them in a Chalkboard China Large Vase at the entrance.
• Forget the open bar! Make a signature drink instead that will be 1) more fun for the reception and 2) it can reflect your wedding colors. You could even pick something from the garden like Kimberly did for the featured drink, the Lavender Champagne Cocktail!
• Don’t spend money on a guest book. Instead, have little pieces of paper, an array of pens, have a question propped up for guests to answer(like give advice to the Bride and groom) and, once finished, have them pop their sweet notes into a bucket for the newlyweds.
• For table decor, purchase flowers that are in season and use a single type of bloom to “name” each table. For example, tell guests they’ll be sitting at the ‘Sweet Pea Table’ and have the centerpiece be a vase full of sweet peas.
• Skip the wedding cake! Have family members contribute a signature pie that they always make and then display it on an heirloom cake plate.
• You know after hours of dancing at the reception your feet start to ache and you see piles of high heels by the dance floor. For your guests, place a bucket of inexpensive, rubber flip flops in your wedding’s colors near the dance floor for guests to slip on.
In case you missed it, never fear! You can catch all of the elegant ideas and wedding tips here.
Tell us – what was your favorite wedding idea? Inquiring minds want to know so leave us a comment below!